ThosaiAndChutney

Life's mostly about what's in the pot and who's having it for dinner.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Post Raya Blues

Actually it's back to work today!!! Do I sound excited? Well, I'm not. First days are really not fun. Especially when you get to your desk and discover something you thought you can do "Aiya.. after holidays-la..". And then you sit there and wonder why you weren't smart enough to think that you really will not like doing it any MORE than when you left it there... Then you wonder again, "Why didn't one of the kids set this place on fire during the holidays? What were they thinking?!..." I'm a teacher, you see.

Anyways, lots of work plus the extra pounds put on from the ketupat and kuah kacang..and rendang...and curry..and laksa..and the..Oh...bottomline is..to much weight to carry around. And I'm talking about work here. (Don't mind me, I'm just living in denial. Maybe the baju kurung shrunk.)

BUT

At the end of a nasty day, two wonderful things wait for me at home. One in front of the TV and one on the.. stove.

My boy is always a joy to see when I get home from anywhere. And it's a bonus when he flashes his grin and tries to say "MA-MA" at the same time and continues to tell me, in HIS language, of course, how he "fell from the chair while he was trying to sjfsbdhfhbbrufndjsldkn.....pain." And expects me to work my mama-magic and place my magic kiss on the spot that will magically take the pain away. Bwess him.

Oh! And the other thing... hot chicken curry. Till next time..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home