ThosaiAndChutney

Life's mostly about what's in the pot and who's having it for dinner.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

New Year's Resolutions come early this year

1 THINK of quitting work. (I can only think about it because I know I can never bring myself to do it)
2. Make life ABSOLUTELY DIFFICULT for my immediate head (well, because someone's got to suffer if I'm not letting it happen to myself.

There...
That should be an easy year for me. Now that I've decided on that,

Need I say I had a really bad day in school today? Not getting what you want is bad. But getting what you really, really DON'T want is even bad-der. Life's unfair.. ya ya..heard all that. Life's unfair even without the selfish idiots. So why do they have to stick around? To make what point?

BUT

As usual, it takes the speciallest people in my life to cheer me up. Well, at least attemp to cheer me up. My man, married to him coming to 3 years now.. He knows me so well. He did the one thing that could get close to cheering me up... feed me.
We went to Tom's. It's on Padungan Road, Kuching. If you have not been there, you should if only for the Napo;eon Coffee Cake. Crushing all that crispy coffee oats coating the spongy, spongy cake felt really good. With every hard "crunch" between the teeth, I could feel my anger and frustration slip past. Maybe not all of it.. Just another dose of that lovely, lovely cake may do the job. Now it only takes convincing my husband to.... Nevermind.

It's the end of another day. I hope tomorrow the silver lining will appear out of this dark cloud.

Speaking of dark clouds.. I thought it was going to rain this afternoon. Guess I didn't sing loud enough. Will try again tomorrow. Then it won't be so hot... and hazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home